THB Diary: Falling Over
Re-making some of my props today. Got the bandages out, the smell of them reminds me of falling over.
HERE’S MY TOP 10 FALLS OF A LIFETIME SO FAR (aged 25)
10. Falling into a bath of foam fish while pretending to be a fisherman
9. Tripping over a florist on my way to vote for Jeremy Corbyn
8. Falling *into* my seat at the theatre while standing to let people past. (Twice).
7. On a train, into the sliding doors as they were opening, landing firmly on my face in the next carriage.
6. While chasing after a make-believe guinea pig.
5. Jumping up to catch a red balloon aged 4. (Broke my leg).
4. Into a bed of stinging nettles while trying to negotiate a muddy puddle.
3. On the steps outside the classroom before a French test (ma conscience est claire)
2. On a mat by the till when trying to buy food in a busy supermarket (R.I.P The packet of biscuits that rolled beyond reach).
1. On a bridge in London, hitting my head against the bricks. 24 hours before the To Helen Back London debut. Ended up in an actual hospital instead of pretending to be in one.